Story Fragment : The Emperor's Bride

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nijeru, now seeking to create a dynasty of war and power, searched for the most powerful woman to wed and bear his child... Unfortunately for him, his men found Katrina.. and after much struggle was able to seperate her from her allies and detain her. Unwillingly she sat, tied in rope and giving a death glare to the emperor who now stood only feet away.

He thought it safe to come closer, as they were surrounded by his guards.
He bent down, holding her chin in his hands.

"So... my bride, you must be the most powerful woman in the world. Am I correct?"

With that, she chomped on his finger and he flinched away;

"I'm NOT your bride, you big flashy idiot!! I have a husband, you know!"

She turned her head from him and closed her eyes. He smiled, a bit caught off guard.

"Well you seem strong... Don't worry, you'll soon forget all about that.. It's not like impressions matter afterall, and you won't have a choice."

Her eyes widened, "What?!"

Nijeru turned towards the door, to leave her in the dimly lit room, "I'll see you on our wedding day.. until then, enjoy the evaluation and training sessions brought to you by my men; But with you, I'm sure it won't be long until then though."

She jumped, causing the chair to hop, "Hey!! Wait! Where do you think you're going!? You can't just--

But it was too late, he'd slammed the door, and with pleasure.

"..leave me here.", she paused as many shadows surrounded her.

"DAMN IT!! I'll never marry that guy!", a loud banging was heard from outside.

Moments later...

Katrina opened a door, as the sun shone in on the fallen men of the Fushigata empire;
They weren't dead, but most were unconscious, unable to move or moaning as they tried.

Katrina grinned cynically, "Now where is that bastard who set me up? It's time to make him pay."

A young soldier flinched and nearly ran when he saw her, but she caught up and grabbed him by the collar.

"You! Do you know where that emperor guy is?!"

"N-no!! I don't-- I..! Please, let me go!"

"Not until you talk! Now talk!", she shook his collar lightly.

"Please, I'm just a trainee solider! I'm not here to fight you. The emperor said..! He said his bride would be the strongest woman and... and.. to be locked away in that-- ah! You're her, aren't you?! Please, don't hurt me!!"

"Stop babbling and tell me where that emperor is! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind."

"B-but!! I don't know where he is!"

"Well you're not going anywhere, now are you?"

"Huh..?"

"If I let you go, you'll just go tell everyone I've escaped; So... until I say so, you're staying with ME! Got that?!"

"Y-yes ma'am!! Oh my god... the emperor is going to kill me.."

"Hey, what's the problem!? You've got the strongest woman in the world protecting you, so stop whining!"

"Ah.. r-right! Thank you.."

"Haha, well looks like we're probably no match for his whole army yet.. So, are any other prisoners being held here?"

"Um... that's--"

"If it's classified I don't wanna hear it, just show me alright? You're not under an oath or something anymore, are you?"

"R-right! This way!!", the soldier lead her to the prison chambers. She followed him lavishly.

No comments: