Story Fragment : Edward Meets Rhylee

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Edward walked through the forest, determined to find his way back to Katrina. The sun was shining brightly; Even beneath the trees's leaves, beams of sunlight still passed through. He enjoyed it for awhile, absorbing the light's mana through lumos. Until he needed it no more and the heat began to beat down. After awhile he found a shady path, and began to slow down. Determination was one thing, but heat and endurance was another..

Then suddenly he heard a loud rustling through the trees.
Grass flew up and he saw a flash of red which crashed into him.

"Heey~ Oww! Who do you-", the squeaky-voiced girl stopped, when she noticed Edward sitting a few inches away. He was rubbing the back of his head from the painful collision.

"Oh woow!", she jumped up clasping her hands, "A real prince!! You must have come to rescue me!"

"P-prince..?", Edward asked confusedly, looking up with one eye squinted.

"Mhmm!", she beamed, "How lucky I am! I don't know how much further I could've ran."

Though she was ecstatic, you could tell she was out of breath from running.
She smiled, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"..Wait, why were you-", but before he could finish, she cut him off.

"Hey where's your white horse? It should be right here.", the girl stared intently and pointed at a spot near Edward.

He looked at the spot and then blinked in disbelief.

"Huh? It's not even here!", she ducked and scouted the area, "It's gotta be around here... somewhere!"

"Umm...?", Edward gave her a puzzled look.

"Oh I know! He's back at the castle isn't he? Is he sick? Or maybe he's hurt?", she feigned concern.

"No..."

"It's gotta be this then! Is he back with your guards, waiting? Since you ran ahead to come find me because you're so dashing and gallant and all that??"

"It's not that either...", his voice was weak, but he smiled sheepishly.

"What..? No?"

"I don't have a horse. Not a white one anyway..", Edward stood up looking upset. He started to walk down the path.

"Hey where are you going without me? Wait up!", the girl ran after him.

Her pink pigtails flew as wildly as her imagination did...

He turned to face her, "Look I don't have time to play, this is really important that I-"

She grabbed his arm, "Ooh don't worry silly, we can wait! Orrrr, we can kiss right here~"

"What?! No, I don't want to!", he looked back at her as he struggled to pull his arm away.

"Don't you wanna know the name of your one true love~?", she batted her eyes, closing in on him.

"You're not my love and I don't..! But you're way stronger than you look!!", he said breathlessly, as he gave up trying to pull his arm out of her grip and let it fall limply.

"C'mon, stop being so silly. I know why you came here, you handsome prince you~"

"I am not a prince!! Aagh..!", he pulled as hard as he could.

"What?!", her eyes widened as she let go of his arm. He fell to the ground with a thud.

"Uh.. no, I'm not."

She was quiet for a moment and suddenly became furious.

"What?! You liar, how dare you!! Apologize right now!"

"Wh-what are talking about..?", he inched back, "I never even said anything of the sort."

"It's a prince's honor to be kind to his lady, now APOLOGIZE!!", she squeaked, squinting her eyes as she shouted.

Edward looked shocked as he withdrew, but smiled nervously as he took his chance to escape.

Rhylee stomped when she'd noticed him fleeing, "Uuwaaah!! Why do guys always make me chase them?!", with that she became a red blur.

No comments: